Tuesday, April 17, 2018

The Church of Almighty God | Blessings Due to Sickness – Essay on God’s Love II

Gradually, as those sisters frequently came to visit me and communicate Almighty God’s words to me, I became more and more convinced of Almighty God’s work. At the same time, I became better at distinguishing the methods and ways that Satan harms man. During this time, I noticed the situation of one of my female colleagues. In order to earn money, she and her husband came to Japan to work. Even though they had both earned some money, her husband started to have some physical difficulties. He had no choice but to return home for treatment. The result was that he was found to have late-stage cancer. After they found out about this, they no longer wanted to come to Japan again to earn money. The whole family was living in fear and sorrow. Almighty God said: “People spend their lives chasing after money and fame; they clutch at these straws, thinking they are their only means of support, as if by having them they could keep on living, could exempt themselves from death. But only when they are close to dying do they realize how distant these things are from them, how weak they are in the face of death, how easily they shatter, how lonely and helpless they are, with nowhere to turn. They realize that life cannot be bought with money or fame, that no matter how wealthy a person is, no matter how lofty his or her position is, all people are equally poor and inconsequential in the face of death. They realize that money cannot buy life, that fame cannot erase death, that neither money nor fame can lengthen a person’s life by a single minute, a single second” (God Himself, the Unique III). My colleague’s misfortune made me feel even more so that life was indeed precious. At the same time, I could see the way Satan was using “fame” and “gain” to harm the lives of many people. At this very moment, I felt extremely lucky that I was able to receive Almighty God’s work of the last days. If I did not read Almighty God’s word, I would never have been able to see through to the truth of how Satan harms man. Sooner or later, I would have been swallowed alive by Satan.

Eastern Lightning the Church of Almighty God, true way

       Afterward, the sisters from the church would frequently come to my house to see me. Since I could not move my hips, those sisters would help massage me and do some cupping on me. One of the sisters who was medically trained told me that if I pressed a specific acupuncture point, it would bring relief to my condition. They would also take the initiative and help me with my household chores. They took care of me as if they were my family relatives. As an expatriate in a foreign country, I was without a friend in the world. Today I truly felt moved that these sisters took care of me better than my own relatives would. I thanked them again and again. However, my sisters told me, “Thousands of years ago, God predestined and selected us. Now, He has arranged for us to be born in the last days and to accept God’s work of the last days. Together, we walk this path. This is the rule of God. We were actually a family a long time ago already. It’s just that we got separated and it wasn’t until now that we found each other.” Once my sisters said this, I could no longer control my emotions and I hugged them with tears running down my face. At this moment, I felt a closeness with my sisters that I cannot describe. My heart was even more grateful to Almighty God.

Unconsciously, I was getting better and better. After experiencing the pain and torment of this instance of sickness, I reflected on how I had been under the control of Satan’s incorrect life perspective of “striving to be better than everyone else.” All along, I sought to stand out among my peers and lead an abundant life so that others would admire and envy me. However, I never thought what I would obtain instead was pain and sadness. I did not get even a bit of peace and happiness. I have tasted this process of pain and I am no longer willing to fight against destiny nor am I willing to seek fame and gain. This is not the life I want. I’m no longer like a high-speed money-making machine. Instead, I lead a regular life every day. Aside from going to work, I frequently attend meetings, read God’s word and share my own experiences and understanding with my brothers and sisters. I also learn to sing hymns of God’s word and live happily. I have gained a kind of assuredness and peace that I never tasted before in my heart. One day I read the following passage of God’s words: “When one has no God, when one cannot see Him, when one cannot clearly recognize God’s sovereignty, every day is meaningless, worthless, miserable. Wherever one is, whatever one’s job is, one’s means of living and the pursuit of one’s goals bring one nothing but endless heartbreak and irrelievable suffering, such that one cannot bear to look back. Only when one accepts the Creator’s sovereignty, submits to His orchestrations and arrangements, and seeks true human life, will one gradually break free from all heartbreak and suffering, shake off all the emptiness of life” (God Himself, the Unique III). From God’s words, I understood that the meaning of man’s existence is to live according to God’s words and to obey the rule and arrangements of the Creator. This is a true human life. The things that man can obtain in his lifetime do not depend on him busily rushing about and working frantically. Instead, it is based on God’s rule and God’s preordination. At the same time, I also understood that it does not matter how much wealth that someone accumulates for it is all just worldly possessions. You did not bring it with you when you were born and you cannot take it with you after you die. After I had this understanding, I was willing to obey God’s rule and arrangements. I had the second half of my life completely entrusted to God. I no longer sought the admiration of others. Instead, I sought to be someone that obeys God. Now, I work three to four hours a day. My boss is a Japanese. Even though we cannot communicate through words, my boss looks after me. Each time he asks me to do something, he uses simple words to communicate his message to me. He never gives me stress. I feel even more so now that, as long as man obeys God, he would be able to live a relaxed and happy life.

Whenever I am alone, I frequently think back to the process of my coming before God. If it was not for my sickness which stopped me from seeking fame and gain, I would still be a money-making machine in the world. I would be blind to this until Satan’s devastation kills me. Satan harmed me by using fame, gain, and disease. Contrarily, Almighty God used my sickness to bring me before Him. Through His words, I clearly saw that Satan is responsible for man’s corruption. I also saw clearly how evil and despicable it was for Satan to use fame and gain to swallow people up. I was finally in a position to throw off the shackles of fame and gain and establish a proper life perspective. My spirit was liberated. God is so almighty and wise! I’m thankful that God has loved me and saved me. All the glory be to Almighty God!

     Recommendation: Eastern Lightning | The Church of Almighty God was founded by Almighty God personally

No comments:

Post a Comment